Our Mission is to:
• unite, educate, empower, and celebrate young ladies with and without disabilities
• develop girls and young women through uniquely cultivated training
• promote dialogue and learning in a fun and safe environment utilizing traditional and non-traditional activities
Girl Speak envisions limitless young women, equipped with the essential tools necessary to remove self, as well as generational-imposed boundaries while developing character, confidence, and self-esteem.
Our three guiding principles:
- Girl Live – confidently believe and strive to LIVE accordingly to honorable principles
- Girl Do – actively pursue your purpose and DO what must be done to fulfill your destiny
- Girl Be – simply accept who you are and BE who you are meant to be
Girl Speak Inc. held its official launch in March 2016. Since our first program – a one-day conference, #Image Is Everything, with Maureen Umeh (DC FOX 5) in August 2016, we have actively been committed to building the self-esteem of girls. Girl Speak inspires young women to be their best while learning the necessary skills to overcome adversity, build upon their strengths, and fortify their weaknesses. Confident young ladies make confident decisions.
Collaborating and partnering with a variety of other non-profits, community, and state organizations, Girl Speak has also hosted an array of activities and events such as workshops and teen summits.
Successful activities/events include:
· One Day Empowerment Conferences (i.e. Image is Everything Conference);
· Confidence Building Workshops (i.e. Back to School Girls Night Out);
· Family Involved Activities (i.e. Revealing Possibilities Hidden Figures Movie Viewing & S.T.E.A.M. After Party Experience);
· Informative Field Trips (i.e. S.E.L.F.I.E. Innovative Thinking – Trip to Escape Room);
· Select Co-ed Events w/Partner Organizations (i.e. New Age New Love Teen Dating Violence Awareness);
· Community Building (Drive-in Movie Mania) & MORE…